Harry Potter en die
Skatte van die Dood
Harry Potter en die Halfbloed Prins
James en die Reuseperske
- Technical translation for the South African Navy - two years.
- Synchronised translation for the South African Broadcasting Corporation's dubbing department. Foreign languages into both English and Afrikaans. Well-known German, French and Italian dramas and TV series (featuring, among others, Klaus Maria Brandauer, Horst Tappert, Lili Palmer, Hannah Schygullah, Catherine Deneuve, Isabelle Adjani, Fanny Ardent, Gérard Depardieu, Philippe Noiret).
- Animation TV translation and adaptation for local (South African) audiences.
- Synchronised translation of German TV series (Derrick, SOKO 5113, Der Fahnder, Aus heiterem Himmel, Unser Lehrer Herr Doktor Specht, Nicht von schlechten Eltern and Die Knoff Hoff Show) into English for Deutsche Welle in Berlin for worldwide distribution.
- Translation of numerous German and French documentary series into English - for South African, African and U.S. TV broadcasting.
- Translation of books (fiction) for Human & Rousseau, Fantasie Uitgewers.
JK Rowlings' Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter en die
Skatte van die Dood) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter en die Halfbloed Prins), into Afrikaans.
Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie en die Sjokoladefabriek), Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator and Matilda into Afrikaans.
- Translations of books (non-fiction) for Metz Press, Maskew Miller Longman.
Editing & proofreading
- Radio: Radio theatre scripts and 40-part 'soap' serials.
- Stage: Two plays for Afrikaans theatre festivals; one staged professionally.
- 13-part TV series with two co-authors: Langstraat 55
- Adapt and rewrite 15 episodes of the Australian series Mother and Son for SABC Drama (Afrikaans)
- A 60-minute television drama: Full Moon
- Currently writing scripts for the soap opera: Villa Rosa.
Trained translators for South African Broadcasting Corporation's dubbing department.
Artes Award (now called The Avanti Awards) for translation.
- French to English - Les Rois du Pétrole / The Petrol Kings
- Afrikaans to English - Please Frog, Just One Sip by Piet Grobler
Quotes are based on the nature and extent of the work involved. Because of the favourable exchange rate on the South African Rand, my rates are very competitive. E-mail me for a quote, stating languages involved, nature and length of document.
- Anita van Zyl, former language revisor, SABC dubbing: email@example.com Phone: 27 83 709-6677
- Tseko Mosifa, translation coordinator, SABC: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 27 11 714-6382
- Jenny Wensing, Director, Elemental, HR training and coaching: email@example.com Phone: 27 82 558-8643
Phone: 27 21 854-5806 or 27 082-707-6657
Time for a break? Take a look at some really bad - and funny! - translations